Wednesday, May 28, 2014

New blog, New look, New OUTLOOK on EVERYTHING!

So I created a new blog, new name, and a fresh outlook I suppose!  I hope to reach readers that can relate to having young multiples (children), navigating that arena, also in light of my new Cancer diagnosis I hope to find others out there that might be dealing with the same, have battled the same, survivors, support, etc.  I will be honest- I am embarking on a new journey, a journey that is scary as heck, and besides my very small local support unit, all family and friends are rather far away.  Their kind words, prayers and thoughts are very helpful during this nervous time, but I need to be able to read others stories, because as much reading and research my mind will allow I have had to STOP reading about my diagnosis so much.  I have a great team of medical professionals, some of the best on the East Coast. I am confident that they will help navigate this situation with me and help me beat this!  With that being said I had decided about ten days ago to STOP letting this ruin me, I was angry, sad, depressed and quite honestly a mess to put it mildly.  I was in bed a lot when I was not working and that is not me in anyway, shape or form.  I am the mommy who is always caring for my trio, taking them out to the beach where we all find peace and the ability to enjoy the beauty in front of us.  I am the mommy who cooks, albeit not always so delicious I give it a huge effort.  I am the mommy who is always playing with my kiddos and lately I simply stopped doing that, I stopped living after my first surgery nearly a month ago and well....NO MORE!  I have been trying to get back to my normal ways, and this last week or so has been awesome despite everything.  This past weekend we decided it was going to be a "family weekend".  We went to the beach, we went to a small amusement park and rode rides with our kiddos, laughed so much our stomach's hurt, and I cooked every meal every night.  Big, delicious meals, that included t-bone steaks, chicken, and this week I have a few new recipes that I plan to make. Next Tuesday I have my final scans at The University of Alabama-Mitchell Cancer Institute, then Thursday the team will meet, and map out a very detailed plan of attack so to speak.  As of Thursday or early Friday morning next week I will have my surgery scheduled and chemotherapy, etc. planned out as well.  I am ready...I am ready to get this first part taken care of, getting this cancer out of me and then attack the next hurdle.  With God, my family, my friends, my church family beside me I know I am going to be good.  I encourage you to follow this new blog-it will entail everything of a normal life and then some!  Having 3 kids so close in age is anything but normal or quiet but a blessing none the less!

Thank you all for reading, encouragement and support is key.
~S

2 comments:

  1. First off, you've got tons of support!!! Hang on to it tightly!!!
    Secondly, I can tell you from working in the pathology field that them letting you wait this long without treatment or surgery is a huge positive sign things aren't out of control. Normally you'd have been in surgery/chemo the very same week you were diagnosed! So this is a blessing in disguise despite the having to wait and wonder which I know is very hard.
    One tip, is maybe make a caringbridge site...it's a great outlet/blog arena for people battling with all kinds of health issues/disease/trauma. It's a great source for like minded stories!!!
    We're all in your corner my dear, know you are loved!!!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason for such a delay sadly has been insurance. It's been a battle. My oncologists wanted this done weeks ago, surgery that is but sadly it hasn't worked in my favor. Soon. And alot of the pathology from my last surgery was compromised, not sure how but was what I was told. Based on the lymph node bx and related blood work its still quite serious. But surgery is the first hurdle! :)

    ReplyDelete